Summer Berry Jello Lasagna is easy, no-bake recipe for a light and refreshing summer treat. Red, white and blue colors make this dessert look fun and festive. It’s perfect for holiday celebrations like the 4th of July, or any other occasion. Golden Oreo crust speckled with red, white, and blue sprinkles, light blue blueberry cheesecake layer, bright red strawberry jello layer, topped with whipped cream garnished with sprinkles, makes a delicious patriotic looking dessert. For more festive desserts, check my No Bake Summer Berry Lasagna or Very Berry Dessert Lasagna.
No-Bake Dessert Lasagna with fresh Strawberries and Blueberries
The best dessert to make when you need to feed a crowd for holidays or any other gathering is dessert lasagna. Dessert lasagna recipes are always no-bake, don’t require a lot of active time in the kitchen and the result is always, a delicious, refreshing treat that will get a great review.
The only minus with this recipe is a long chilling time. You must plan ahead when making this because it’s best to chill overnight in the fridge. Dessert lasagna needs at least 4-5 hours to set completely before serving.
However, I prefer to make them a day ahead so they can be set entirely in the fridge overnight. But that’s also a good thing when you want to make the dessert ahead of time so you can finish other preparations for the holiday celebration the next day.
How to Make Fresh Berry Jello Lasagna
Golden Oreo Crust -to make the crust ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling. Next, add about 2-3 Tablespoons of each red white, and blue sprinkles and stir with the fork. Finally, add melted butter and stir until all crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the mixture in the bottom of the 13 x 9 inches dish and place in the fridge to firm.
Blueberry Cheesecake Layer– to make the blue cheesecake dissolve 6 oz. of berry blue gelatin in 2/3 cup boiling water and stir well until the gelatin completely dissolves and set aside to cool. Next in a food processor pulse 1 ½ cup blueberries with ½ cup greek yogurt. Add the blueberry mixture in room temperature gelatin and set aside.
Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Fold 1 ½ cup whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Finally, add gelatin and yogurt mixture and mix to combine. Pour the mixture over the chilled crust and place in the fridge or freezer to firm.
Strawberry Jello Layer-slice strawberries in thin layers and set aside. Use firm strawberries. If the strawberries are too soft they will become mushy and the lasagna can’t be kept too long in the fridge. Dissolve 6 oz. strawberry gelatine in 1 1/4 cup boiling water. Add 3/4 cup iced water and stir well. Arrange strawberries over firmed blueberry layer and pour room temperature strawberry jello over strawberries.
Place in the fridge to set completely, at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Finally, top with whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles or fresh fruits.Print
Summer Berry Jello Lasagna is easy, no-bake recipe for a light and refreshing summer treat.
Golden Oreo Crust:
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons red sprinkles-optional
- 2 Tablespoons white sprinkles-optional
- 2 Tablespoons blue sprinkles-optional
Blueberry Cheesecake Layer:
- 6 oz. sweetened berry blue gelatin
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt-cold
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups whipped cream (Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream)
Strawberry Jello Layer:
- 6 oz. Strawberry Jello
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water+3/4 cup iced water
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups whipped cream(Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream)
- Red, white and blue sprinkles, stars confetti…
- To make the crust ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add sprinkles and stir with the fork.
- Add melted butter and stir with the fork until evenly moistened, then press the mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 13 -inch dish, and set in the freezer to firm while making the next layer.
Blueberry Cheesecake Layer:
- In a heath-proof bowl place berry blue Jello, add 2/3 cup boiling water, and stir to dissolve completely, set aside to cool.
- In another bowl, beat softened cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add 1 ½ cups Cool Whip and mix to combine.
- In a food processor pulse Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. Then, pour the mixture into the Jello and whisk to combine. Add in cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Spread over chilled crust, then place in the fridge or freezer to set.
Strawberry Jello Layer:
- In a heath-proof bowl combine strawberry Jell-O and boiling water until jello is dissolved. Add the iced water and stir well. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature until completely cooled.
- Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture. Pour cooled Jell-O over strawberries.
- Refrigerate until firmly set, at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles or fresh fruits.