Easy Peach Cake is delicious and refreshing summer dessert. Bottom part is packed with peaches and has a dense, custard texture, while the top layer has cake-like texture. This cake is not overly sweet, but it is bursting with peaches, and the powdered sugar dusted on top makes perfect balance. Actually, this easy peach cake taste very much like Peach Cobbler. But this easy cake recipe is full of flavor and impressive enough for company.
Summer Peach Cake
This simple-yet-stunning cake is perfect summer dessert for unexpected guests. Actually, it’s really simple to put together and didn’t require any special equipment. You don’t even need a mixer for this simple recipe. Everything could be whisked by hand in a few minutes, poured in the pan and ready to bake.
However, the cake is full of flavor and has amazing dual texture- dense creamy base, packed with peaches and cake top layer.
Although I prefer to eat this peach cake plain and let the peaches and cake texture shine trough, you can serve it topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
How to Make Peach Cake
For this recipe you’ll need just a few simple ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, milk and eggs. Whisk all ingredients by hand, then reserve 1 cup of the mixture for top layer, whisk egg yolks in remaining mixture and fold in the peaches. Then scrap the mixture in baking dish and set aside.
This recipe features fresh sliced peaches. You’ll need 3 large or 4 medium peaches, but firm peaches are preferred. Don’t use too soft and ripe peaches.
Next add 1 Tablespoon of flour in reserved batter and pour over the cake. It will form top cake-like layer. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar and bake.
The cake is baked almost for an hour or so, until the top is golden-brown and the peaches have practically melted into the tender cake.
The scent spreading out of the oven while the cake bakes is heavenly, sweet vanilla and syrupy peaches! Easy Peach Cake turns out so soft and moist, with a golden, crackly crust. When the cake is cooled and ready to serve dust with powdered sugar on top!
Easy Peach Cake is delicious and refreshing summer dessert. Bottom part is packed with peaches and has a dense, custard texture, while the top layer has cake-like texture.
- 3 large firm peaches-peeled, pitted and sliced 1/8-inch thick (do not use ripe and too juicy peaches)
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour -divided
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoons sugar-divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 9-inches round baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. (You can use a springform pan, it will be easier to remove the cake, but wrap the pan with aluminum foil and place on lined baking sheet because the batter is too thin and the peaches will release their juice during the baking, and it will slightly leak from springform pan)
- In medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl, add milk, oil, vanilla and 1 whole egg and whisk well. Add dry ingredients and whisk to combine well. Take 1 cup of this mixture and place in another bowl. Set aside.
- To the remaining batter, add 2 egg yolks and mix to combine. Gently fold in sliced peaches and transfer to the prepared pan. Set aside.
- To the bowl with 1 cup batter, add 2 Tablespoons of flour and mix to combine. Pour this mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent the top with aluminum foil if it starts browning too much.
- Cool completely for about 2-3 hours. Run a thin knife around the cake and remove the ring if you used springform pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.