Easy Peach Cake is delicious and refreshing summer dessert. Bottom part is packed with peaches and has a dense, custard texture, while the top layer has cake-like texture.
- 3 large firm peaches-peeled, pitted and sliced 1/8-inch thick (do not use ripe and too juicy peaches)
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour -divided
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoons sugar-divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 9-inches round baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. (You can use a springform pan, it will be easier to remove the cake, but wrap the pan with aluminum foil and place on lined baking sheet because the batter is too thin and the peaches will release their juice during the baking, and it will slightly leak from springform pan)
- In medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl, add milk, oil, vanilla and 1 whole egg and whisk well. Add dry ingredients and whisk to combine well. Take 1 cup of this mixture and place in another bowl. Set aside.
- To the remaining batter, add 2 egg yolks and mix to combine. Gently fold in sliced peaches and transfer to the prepared pan. Set aside.
- To the bowl with 1 cup batter, add 2 Tablespoons of flour and mix to combine. Pour this mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent the top with aluminum foil if it starts browning too much.
- Cool completely for about 2-3 hours. Run a thin knife around the cake and remove the ring if you used springform pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.