Easter is coming, slowly but surely :). You don’t need to look at the calendar to know that. If you follow recipes on food blogs, Pinterest and Facebook, then everything must be clear to you, because they are already full of great ideas for the coming holidays. Sweet little cookies in the shape of bunnies, beautiful chocolate eggs, bird nest cupcakes, and many similar treats are all around us.
And if you are a food blogger yourself, then you probably know what your next task is – of course: an Easter treat. As always, the problem can be what to make and still be original besides all the beautiful recipes that already exist.
As for me, for the coming Easter, I didn’t have so much dilemmas like for some other holidays like Halloween. A long time ago I found a beautiful recipe on one of the food blogs for Krispie Treat, which always, at least by it’s shape, reminded me of a birds nest and therefore made me think of Easter. Of course, if I put a few sweet egg candies over them and decorate all of that with things that are typical of this holiday, there is a very easy and beautiful Easter Krispie Treat.
And what is even better, except the great taste, this dessert is so simple to make, that you will have a great Easter treat on your table in no time! And if you don’t believe me, just take a look at the ingredients. You should mix chocolate Krispies into melted butter, honey and chocolate and then pour the whole mix into a cupcakes pan. And as soon as it gets a little cooler and harder, you pour hot Nutella over that and add a few sweet egg candies and you are ready for degustation! What do you think? Really simple!
As for the taste, you can ask Marco’s friends, who gobbled up all the Krispie Treats in 10 minutes and then ran around the house with their mouths full of chocolate. Hmmm, three weeks before Easter, my Easter dessert is already gone! I can’t help but think that this story will be continued 🙂 .
Easy, no-bake triple chocolate treat (with choco krispies, chocolate and Nutella)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 8 oz semisweet baking chocolate-chopped
- 4 cup Choco Krispies
- 1 1/2 cup Nutella
- egg candies
- Grease well standard sized muffin tin and set aside (if you have silicon tin it will be much easier to pop the krispies out)
- In a saucepan combine butter, honey and chopped chocolate, stirring constantly over medium heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is evenly combine.
- Remove from the heat and stir in choco krispies.
- Distribute the mixture into a well-greased muffin tin, press it well and make a small recess in the center of each cup so you could fill it generously with Nutella.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the cups from the pan and top with Nutella(microwave Nutella 8 to 10 seconds for easy spreading)
- Garnish with sprinkles, egg candies…