Christmas Cheesecake is fun and festive dessert for Xmas Holidays.
For Oreo Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies (whole with the filling)
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- 32 oz. cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Red and green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease deep 9 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Then wrap the springform pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil to make sure no water leaks in when you place it in water bath later.
- To make the crust:
- Pulse whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter until evenly moistened. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of springform pan. Place in the freezer to firm while making the filling.
- To make the filling:
- Fist, mix softened cream cheese, sugar and peppermint (or vanilla) extract just to combine. Then, add slightly beaten eggs and mix on low speed just to combine, do not overmix it. Fold in sour cream, too.
- Now, reserve half of the batter in white color. And remaining half of the batter divide in 2 small bowls and add red food coloring in one bowl and green food coloring in the other bowl. The batter should be pourable but not too runny.
- To make the striped effect, you will pour the batter in small amounts in the center of the crust. Start with white batter and continue alternately with green, white, red, white, green, white, red, white…until you use all batters. In case your batter is a bit thicker than it should and won’t push down and spread out previous layer, gently shake the pan to cause the spreading. As you layering the batter it should spread and make concentric circles.
- Now, gently transfer springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour hot water in roasting pan to fill it halfway through. Place in the oven and bake 90-110 minutes until the edges are set and the center is just slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour, then lift springform pan from water bath and place it on the counter to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the foil, then remove the ring from springform pan. Run a thin metal spatula under the crust to remove it from the bottom and transfer the cheesecake onto a serving plate.
- Store in the fridge.