Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins is EASY and HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPE for busy mornings!!! You should try this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, too!!!
Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
New Year means a fresh start! Many of us make decisions to do something good for ourselves and get rid of bad habits, too.
Also, we always want to make a healthy fresh start in New Year! Therefore, we decided to start a diet, go to a gym or at least start eating healthier.
The truth is, already after few days most of us will give up and go back to old habits because we’re too busy to take care of healthy eating. It’s good to clean your body from excessive calories, too. That is the reason why I decided to share this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
Today, I want to make a little twist. So I want to start this year with completely different recipe. This is EASY and HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPE for Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
And Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins is really quick and easy recipe. Moreover, only 30 minutes and a few simple ingredients is all you’ll need to provide yourselves healthy breakfast or snack. Also, you can freeze them and use whenever you need some food to grab and take to work or pack your kid’s lunch box for school.
At least, you’ll no longer have any excuse to give up your decision to eat healthy meals. And don’t worry, Banana Muffins are very tasty, too.
For sure, you all know that I love rich and decadent desserts, since I shared so many during last few years here on my blog.
Surely you remember that I had a lot of recipes for coffee cakes and similar treats. However, I always had the perfect excuse to eat all these desserts for breakfast.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Also, there’s no butter, sugar, white flour or other unhealthy ingredients in these muffins. OK, it has some chocolate chips, but it’s dark chocolate. And some dark chocolate is good for your health, right?! But, if you don’t agree, feel free to leave these out or substitute with chopped nuts.
These Banana Muffins are healthy and lightened up from the traditional muffin loaded with sugar.
Instead of sugar, I used honey as a natural sweetener and the whole wheat flour instead all-purpose flour. And I also substituted butter with plain nonfat Greek yogurt.
Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins freeze well, so you can make them for weekend and have a healthy breakfast all week. First, bake them and let cool completely, then warp each one in plastic wrap and place in ziplock bag and freeze for later. That way you can have a healthy food for breakfast even on those busy mornings when you are late for work or have to pack a lunch box for your kids, too. When ready to use, unwrap these mini bites, thaw or microwave and you’re ready to go.
Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe:
Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins is EASY and HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPE for busy mornings!!!
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (3 medium bananas)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-optional
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (nonfat)
- 1 Tablespoon soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (you can substitute with chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray 12 cup standard muffin tin or 24 cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. I used mini muffin tin.
- First, in a bowl whisk dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Then, in a large bowl mash bananas. Next, add honey, oil, vanilla, milk, Greek yogurt and egg, then, mix until well combined and smooth. You can use electric mixer or whisk by hand.
- Add dry ingredients and mix (or whisk)until just combined, too.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tin with batter almost to the top and bake until the toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out almost clean with a few crumbs attached. It takes about 20-25 minutes for regular sized muffins or 14-16 minutes for mini muffins.
- Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen