You need a QUICK and EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE to make ahead for busy mornings so you can just grab a piece and eat on the go, or pack a HEALTHY SNACK for your kids?!This easy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cake is simple combo of HEALTHY ingredients that provides you a lot of proteins and fibers to gain the strength and energy to carry you through a hectic morning schedule.
What better way to gain your morning nutrition than with a delicious piece of cake. Yes, now you can eat a cake for breakfast even if you take care of clean eating.
Just to make things clear, this recipe the cake. But this isn’t just an ordinary cake you can eat only as a dessert. This Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cake is more like banana bread that you have been eating for breakfast.
This recipe uses rolled oats, bananas, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon and brown sugar (which is much healthier sweetener than refined, white sugar).
Speaking about oatmeal, you are all familiar with health benefits of oats. It might be boring to start a day with a bowl of cereals. You can make a little twist on a healthy breakfast. Oats can add extra nutrition to a variety of healthy dishes. Rolled oats can make a yummy cake as this Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, that is totally acceptable to eat for breakfast.
Besides oatmeal, this delicious breakfast cake has unsweetened coconut flakes in topping. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibers, vitamins and minerals, too.
Also there are mashed bananas in the cake. Bananas are my favorite fruit. They are extremely healthy and delicious. Therefore I’m totally hooked on bananas in my baked goods lately. My obsession starts with my Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Those muffins were perfect example of healthy, clean eating breakfast recipe. I highly recommend you to try them, too.
After all, even if you don’t care about the health benefits, this cake is very delicious thanks to all these ingredients. Also it’s very simple and easy to make.
You can eat it as a dessert, breakfast or snack. It’s very dense and chewy but also moist and flavorful. Crunchy topping with oatmeal, coconut, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and chocolate chips are really over the top. It makes these cake something in between banana bread and coffee cake.
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cake Recipe
You need a QUICK and EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE to make ahead for busy mornings so you can just grab a piece and eat on the go??? This easy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cake is combo that you are searching for!!!
- 1 and 1/3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas-mashed (1 cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 8 x 8 inch pan, set aside.
- To make the topping whisk together 2/3 cup rolled oats, 2/3 cup coconut, cinnamon and brown sugar. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until evenly moistened and crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake whisk together rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Mix in mashed bananas.
- Running mixer on low speed gradually mix in dry ingredients mixture just to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in the pan and sprinkle with prepared topping. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (but don’t dry it too much).
- Slightly cool before serving.
If you want to make ahead for breakfast, cover cooled cake tightly and keep at room temperature overnight. It can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for longer storage.