Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe with all the fall flavors, pumpkin, pecan, brown sugar-cinnamon spice is out of this world delicious! If you’re tired of traditional pumpkin pie or pecan pie during the holiday season, I suggest you consider this amazing and EASY dessert recipe instead. Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake with smooth and gooey pumpkin pie filling and crunchy pecan streusel topping is perfect addition for Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration. And it’s quick and easy last-minute dessert idea, too!!!!
Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Crunch
Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake is an amazing combo of ooey-gooey Impossible Pumpkin Pie and irresistible brown sugar and cinnamon pecan crunch topping. I made a similar combo in my Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Roll Casserole. It was a delicious breakfast or brunch casserole. But this cake is perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert recipe., especially if you need quick and easy, last-minute dessert for holiday get-togethers. It travels really well, and wherever you bring it you’ll become the favorite person at the party.
Simple and easy fall dessert recipe is perfect for holiday baking. Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake is oven-ready in 10 minutes. You can make it in just two bowls, and it doesn’t require a mixer. It’s a perfect substitute for pumpkin pie or pecan pie. However, the pecan crunch on top of this gooey pumpkin spice cake is what really takes it over the top.
Making cake instead of pumpkin or pecan pies, means you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen rolling out pie dough. However, there are so many other things you have o get done this time of the year. But, still, you could feed a crowd with delicious, out of this world dessert. It sounds like a perfect solution for holiday baking. Trust me, you’ll love this Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe, not just because of the simplicity, but also the taste!
How to make Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake
To make the pumpkin layer, in a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, spices, and salt. Whisk everything together by hand. You can use a mixer if you want, but it’s not necessary. The batter will be runny but it’s OK. Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish and set aside.
To make the pecan crunch, in another bowl, using a fork cut in softened butter in flour, brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle one-third of the mixture over the pumpkin layer, then stir in pecans in remaining mixture and sprinkle on top and bake 40-50 minutes or until the center has set. Cool and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and salted caramel on top. Vanilla ice cream would be a delicious option, too.
If you love pumpkin pie and pecan pie, then you are going to go crazy for this Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake!!
Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe with all the fall flavors, pumpkin, pecan, brown sugar-cinnamon spice is out of this world delicious! If you’re tired of traditional pumpkin pie or pecan pie for the holiday season, I suggest you consider this amazing and EASY dessert recipe instead.
Pumpkin Pie Layer:
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
Pecan Crunch Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter cut in small pieces- room temperature
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Salted caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, grease 9 x 13 inches baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, heavy cream, vanilla, eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until evenly combined and pour into the prepared baking dish. the mixture is runny, but it’s OK.
- In another bowl stir together flour, ½ cup brown sugar and cinnamon, then using a fork cut in butter pieces. The mixture should hold together but still be crumbly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture over the pumpkin layer. In remaining mixture stir in pecans and scatter on top.
- Bake until the filling is set in the center (45-55 minutes). Remove to a rack to cool to room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream and salted caramel sauce if desired.