German Chocolate Brownie Easter Cups are an easy Easter dessert recipe. This easy recipe uses a shortcut and starts with a boxed brownie mix, but irresistible coconut-pecan topping takes them over the top and adds fantastic flavor and texture. Rich chocolaty brownie cups topped with a homemade, gooey coconut pecan frosting, garnished with Easter egg candies, and Peeps will look so pretty at your Easter table.
German Chocolate Brownie Cups
German Chocolate Cake is one of my favorite desserts, although I’ve never shared that recipe on my blog. But I shared a couple of twists on classic German Chocolate Cake: German Chocolate Pie and German Chocolate Brownie Cookies.
Today I use irresistible ooey-gooey coconut pecan frosting from German Chocolate cake to create a cute Easter dessert. Rich and fudgy brownies baked in a cupcake pan and a dollop of sweet coconut pecan frosting make the perfect base for Easter Peeps, eggs, and bunnies.
German Chocolate Brownie Easter Cups look s co cute, but above all, they taste awesome. You’ll love this decadent dessert!
However, you can skip the garnish, Easter egg candies, and peeps, and make these brownie cups anytime, and not just for Easter. Mini treats are perfect for parties because they look pretty and are easy to serve. Fudgy brownies topped with the best German chocolate frosting are sinfully delicious and everybody will love them.
How To Make German Chocolate Brownie Easter Cups
This recipe is so easy to put together. It starts with a boxed brownie mix. Prepare brownie mix according to the direction listed on the box and bake them in a standard cupcake pan. You can bake them in paper liners. If you decide to bake them without the liners, grease the pan generously with baking spray.
When brownies are baked, using a spoon press each brownie in the center to make a dent for topping. Then let them cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pan. Just run a thin knife around the edges and lift them from the pan and transfer them on a rack to cool completely.
German chocolate, coconut-pecan frosting is pretty simple to make, too. Although it requires a bit of patience to continually whisk the mixture while it cooks. But it is completely worth it! Sweet, gooey frosting with crunchy toasted pecans and toasted coconut, take these brownie bites over the top. It is the most decadent frosting of all time. It’s so delicious that you could eat it with a spoon, all by itself. ! German chocolate frosting keeps the brownies moist and complements it so well.
And if you make these for Easter, press marshmallow Peeps on to and garnish with Easter egg candies.
German Chocolate Brownie Easter Cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Rich chocolaty brownie cups topped with a homemade, gooey coconut pecan frosting, garnished with Easter egg candies, and Peeps will look so pretty at your Easter table.
- 1 (16 oz.) box Brownie Mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (eggs, water, oil)
German Chocolate Topping:
- 1 (14 oz. can) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks-slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut-toasted
- ¾ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Marshmallow Peeps
- Easter egg candies
- To make the topping, in a medium saucepan stir together sweetened condensed milk, butter, and lightly beaten egg yolks and cook over medium-low heat until thickens, stirring constantly (10-15 minutes). Do not undercook it or the topping will be too runny. Then, remove from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the brownie cups, grease generously standard cupcake pan with baking spray. Make the brownies according to package directions, divide the mixture into greased cups. It will be approximately 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 F.
- Remove from oven and press each cup with a metal tablespoon to make a dent for filling. Let brownies cool for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pan. Run a thin knife around each brownie, lift them gently from the pan and transfer them on a rack to cool completely.
- Top each brownie with coconut pecan topping. Garnish with Peeps and Easter egg candies before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Nice recipe for easter platter! We all are ready to celebrate Easter full of joy. I like Easter Chocolate very much, and special dark chocolate easter eggs which every Easter getting from Cacao and Cardamom Chocolatier Houston, USA.