Rich chocolaty brownie cups topped with a homemade, gooey coconut pecan frosting, garnished with Easter egg candies, and Peeps will look so pretty at your Easter table.
- 1 (16 oz.) box Brownie Mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (eggs, water, oil)
German Chocolate Topping:
- 1 (14 oz. can) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks-slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut-toasted
- ¾ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Marshmallow Peeps
- Easter egg candies
- To make the topping, in a medium saucepan stir together sweetened condensed milk, butter, and lightly beaten egg yolks and cook over medium-low heat until thickens, stirring constantly (10-15 minutes). Do not undercook it or the topping will be too runny. Then, remove from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the brownie cups, grease generously standard cupcake pan with baking spray. Make the brownies according to package directions, divide the mixture into greased cups. It will be approximately 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 F.
- Remove from oven and press each cup with a metal tablespoon to make a dent for filling. Let brownies cool for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pan. Run a thin knife around each brownie, lift them gently from the pan and transfer them on a rack to cool completely.
- Top each brownie with coconut pecan topping. Garnish with Peeps and Easter egg candies before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.