Christmas Coconut Snowball Cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delish coconut cookies rolled in powdered sugar. They will be perfect for your Christmas cookie tray!
If you are thinking about which desert to make these days, I believe you will not be in much of a dilemma after this! Of course, Christmas is around the corner and the first thing on everyone’s mind is Christmas cookies. Now, the problem could be which kind of cookie to go for. Of course, when I hit this kind of problem, the first thing I look for a solution for is the internet. My favorite food blogs, Pinterest or Facebook are all full of recipes for Christmas cookies, so after a two hour search, I was right where I started. Snickerdoodle Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, gorgeous Cinnamon Cookies, Almond Gingerbread Cookies , Snowball Cookies… OMG! Just when I thought I have found the solution, I find a more beautiful photo and everything is in tatters again.
In the end, I solved the whole mess in a very simple way. Since it’s winter time and I just love snow, I decided, for a start, that my cookies must be white. That left only two recipes on my list. It was something like Lemon Tea Cookies from the My Madison Bistro blog, or the beautiful Snowball Cookies from my favorite Cooking Classy blog. After giving it a thought, the decision was to make the beautiful Snowball cookies, which really looked like snowballs and winter magic.
And so, when the decision was finally made, the rest was “a piece of cake”. If you ever baked cookies, you probably know that it is not such a big philosophy. In a very short time and with very little effort, your kitchen has the beautiful smell of sweet cookie dough. Well, the same in my case, but there was just one catch! Except the smell of dough in my kitchen, there was also the divine smell of coconuts! Yes, coconuts are one of my favorite and since the cookie dough for my Snowball cakes was divine white, I decided that a little coconuts can only make the situation better. And it did.
In the end, only one step was left, to roll the beautiful cookies into sugar powder so they would look like real snowballs. Really beautiful. And delicious too. They were not yet cooled, and half of my cakes were already non-existent. And the suspects were walking around the house munching and with mouths full of sugar powder. Hmmmm, everything points to the fact that this is not the end of the Christmas cookies story. It looks like we will have to try again 🙂
Christmas Coconut Snowball Cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delish coconut cookies rolled in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lined a pan with baking paper and set aside
- Mix butter on medium speed until creamy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment
- Add 2/3 cup powdered sugar and salt, mix well.
- Add in vanilla, cornstarch and finely shredded coconut.
- Continue mixing on low speed gradually adding flour and mix until evenly combine.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp dough at a time and roll into a ball, place balls on lined baking paper.
- Bake about 16 – 18 minutes (until bottoms get light golden color )
- Remove from the oven, cool a few minutes and while cookies are still warm roll them in powdered and let them on a wire rack to cool completely and then roll them in powdered sugar once again, to coat them generously.