Caramel Pecan Lasagna is a melt-in-your-mouth layered dessert with buttery, pecan shortbread cookie crust! Next comes a creamy cheesecake layer, caramel pudding, some whipped cream and (my favorite) sugared pecans on top, drizzled with caramel!
For Pecan Shortbread Cookie Layer:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter-softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon-optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecan
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cup Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Caramel Pudding Layer:
- 2 x 3.9 oz. box caramel instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
For Top Layer:
- 1 ½ cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped pecan
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon -optional
- ¼– 1/3 cup caramel topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour, mix until combine. Stir in ½ cup chopped toasted pecans.
- Spread the mixture into bottom of baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- To make cream cheese layer beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add 1 ½ cups Cool Whip and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Spread over cooled shortbread layer. Place in the freezer to firm while preparing pudding.
- To make the caramel pudding layer whisk together 2 x 3.9 oz. boxes caramel instant pudding mix with 3 cups milk until smooth. Spread over cream cheese layer. Set in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Spread 1 ½ cup Cool whip over pudding layer. Place in the fridge to firm.
- To make pecan topping in a skillet combine 1 cup chopped pecans, ½ cup brown sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly about 5 minutes or until sugar is melted. Pour the mixture onto parchment paper to cool completely. Sprinkle cooled pecans over the lasagna and drizzle with caramel topping. Place back in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set.
If you don’t want to use Cool Whip you can substitute with 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream sweetened to your taste. Beat heavy whipping cream until really stiff peaks form. You will get more than 3 cup whipped cream.