Looking for quick and easy no bake dessert recipe for summer party , picnic or potluck to feed a crowd? Also need simple and healthy snack for kids? This Banana Split Dessert Salad is fun twist on classic ice cream dessert that everyone will enjoy!
Creamy vanilla pudding and whipped topping mixture loaded with bananas, fresh strawberries and pineapple chunks is perfect way to trick your kids into eating some fresh fruits. If you have a picky eater in your home, than you know how hard it can be to get your kid to eat some fresh fruits or veggies. However, we should leave veggies for next time, today we’re going to deal with fruits.
In other words fruit salad is great because you can mix in any fruit you like and it’s such fun and yummy way to eat it.
But this Banana Split Dessert Salad also have some yummy add-ins that make it irresistible. I added mini marshmallows, nuts and milk chocolate morsels, too. Plus it’s served with chocolate topping, maraschino cherries and sprinkled with chopped nuts. YUM!!!
Speaking of fruits, for this salad I chose bananas, strawberries and pineapple. Banana is the main ingredient. It’s the base for every Banana split dessert and it can’t be made without it.
I like to eat banana split with vanilla ice cream scoops drizzled with strawberry and pineapple topping. That’s classic combo and I like it that way! Therefore I used vanilla flavored pudding, pineapple chunks and diced strawberries in this salad recipe. Moreover, fresh juicy strawberries are in full season and pair perfect with banana and pineapple.
Combination of whipped topping and vanilla pudding (prepared with pineapple juice instead of milk) is perfect replacement for vanilla ice cream. It’s smooth, sweet and creamy mixture that holds together all that juicy fruits together.
After all Banana Split Dessert Salad is just a twist on classic banana split dessert. Can you imagine banana split without chocolate topping, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries on top?! I can’t! That’s why I threw a handful of walnuts and chocolate chips into the salad mixture.
I also drizzled chocolate sauce over my salad, place a maraschino cherry and sprinkle more chopped nuts on top. And voilà—I have an easy and delicious salad on my table!!!
Whenever you need quick and easy no bake dessert to prepare and serve in less than 15 minutes, you can go with this simple Banana Split Dessert Salad recipe. It’s refreshing, crowd-pleaser summer delight!
QUICK and EASY NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPES to try this Summer:
Banana Split Dessert Salad Recipe:Print
This Banana Split Dessert Salad is fun twist on classic ice cream dessert that everyone will enjoy!
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 3 medium bananas-sliced
- fresh lemon juice from 1 small lemon
- 1 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 (3. 4oz. box) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate morsels
- Chocolate topping
- maraschino cherries
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl toss sliced bananas with lemon juice to prevent browning too quickly, set aside.
- In a large bowl pour pineapple juice from a can (reserve pineapple chunks for later use).
- Add vanilla pudding mix in pineapple juice and stir until thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- Drain the lemon juice from bananas. Add banana slices, diced strawberries, pineapple chunks, mini marshmallows, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips in pudding mixture. Gently stir with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon to combine all ingredients together. Place the salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Before serving divide the mixture into serving cups, top with chocolate sauce, sprinkle with chopped nuts and place maraschino cherry on top.
Do not make the salad too much in advance because the fruits will change their color if it sits overnight in the fridge. It will still be delicious but not look as pretty as the first day!!!
Recipe adapted from Banana Split Fluff Salad by Inside BruCrew Life