Shamrock Shake Lasagna is easy to make, no-bake layered dessert and the perfect way to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. Enjoy this fun and festive St Patrick’s Day treat, even if you don’t do much to celebrate it. Sweet, minty and creamy, this Shamrock Shake Lasagna is the perfect dessert to bring to a potluck or holiday gathering! You could also make this Baileys Lasagna for St. Patrick’s, or try my decadent Bailey’s Cheesecake.
Shamrock Shake Lasagna
McDonald’s Shamrock Shake is available only once a year. But you can enjoy this chocolate-mint dessert inspired by the famous shake all year round. Shamrock shake is basically green colored and mint-flavored vanilla shake. Although, a few years ago Mc Donald’s introduced a chocolate variant of this shake, too. But you know me, I simply must put the chocolate wherever possible.
I’m not really a huge mint lover. but this Shamrock Shake Lasagna converted me totally. I started craving all things minty. Chocolatey and minty, to be more precise.
The Chocolate-mint combo is amazing. You should check my Flourless Mint Chocolate Cake, too. It is an extremely rich and fudgy chocolate cake for true chocolate lovers, but it’s filled with white chocolate mint filling and covered with chocolate ganache. It could be your choice for St. Patrick’s treat, too.
However, let get back to today’s recipe -shamrock Shake Lasagna. The main star of this lasagna is green layer, made with vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and mint. extract. But there is also Oreo crust as a bottom layer, followed by chocolate cheesecake layer, and the green mint layer. This festive and fun dessert is garnished with whipped cream and maraschino cherries like every shake should be. Moreover, you can even put small straws for decoration to make it look like a real shake.
Whether you’re celebrating the holiday or not, try this recipe. Sweet, creamy, minty, and easy to make Shamrock Shake Lasagna is perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day or any other occasion.
Shamrock Shake Lasagna is easy to make, no bake layered dessert and the perfect way to celebrate St Patrick’s Day.
For Oreo Crust:
- 36 Oreo cookies-ground (you can use mint or regular Oreo)
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
Chocolate Cheesecake Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese (brick style)-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 – 0.7 oz envelops instant hot cocoa mix-milk chocolate flavor
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream- whipped to stiff peaks)
- 3 x 3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (or more to taste)
- 3 ½ cups Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream- whipped to stiff peaks)
- green food coloring
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- green sprinkles
- To make the crust place whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor and ground in fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 inches casserole dish. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm while making next layer.
- For chocolate layer, beat softened butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Mix in Cool Whip, instant hot cocoa mix and cocoa. Spread over Oreo crust. Place in the freezer to set.
- To make mint layer, mix instant pudding mix and milk. Mix in Cool Whip. Add mint extract and green food coloring. Taste and add more mint extract if desired. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Set in the fridge for 4 hours or to firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream, maraschino cherries and green sprinkles.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.