Easter Blossom Cookies are easy to make, super cute and festive Easter dessert. These are soft sugar cookies rolled in sugar sprinkles for a festive touch, with yummy chocolate candy in the center. Blossom cookies have crunchy texture outside and the soft and chewy inside. These colorful cookies are a delicious treat and perfect addition to the Easter table, as well as this Cream Cheese Strawberry Cookies.
Easter Blossom Cookies
Easter Blossom Cookies are quick and simple to make. It’s a welcome recipe during a busy holiday season!
These are basically classic soft sugar cookies dressed up in sparkly sugar sprinkles. Colored sugar looks adorably festive and give the cookies irresistible crunch on the outside. Crunchy outside makes perfect contrast to the soft center.
These cookies are made with classic cookie ingredients: butter, sugar, egg, and flour. But I added a couple of ounces of cream cheese. It’s a secret ingredient that turns them into super soft sugar cookies. Th addition of cream cheese creates a delicious creamy taste, as well. Both texture and flavor are amazing!
For this delicious and easy to make cookies, just roll the dough into balls, dump in sugar sprinkles and arrange onto a baking sheet. You don’t need any special tools, rolling pin and don’t need to mess with cookie cutters. If you want a simple and easy recipe that makes fun and festive treats, these sugar cookies are for you.
Colored sugar sprinkles will turn these cookies into super cute and colorful Easter dessert. You must admit that sprinkles look adorably festive. Colored sugar sprinkles also give the cookies a delicious crunch on the outside to complement the soft cookie center.
How to Make Easter Blossom Cookies
First, combine the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder and salt).
Next, cream the wet ingredients together: butter, cream cheese, vanilla and almond extract, sugar and egg.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients. The dough will be thick but chill the cookie dough anyway. However, this cookie dough doesn’t need to chill in the refrigerator very long, only an hour.
Roll about 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough into balls. Then roll the cookie dough balls into sanding sugar (sugar sprinkles) to make them sparkle! Place them onto a baking sheet. Press down on the sugar cookie balls before baking with the back of a measuring cup.
Bake them for about 11-12 minutes. Let them cool a few minutes, then press chocolate candy in the center of each cookie.
Easter Blossom Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Easter Blossom Cookies are easy to make, super cute and festive Easter dessert. These are soft sugar cookies rolled in sugar sprinkles for a festive touch, with yummy chocolate candy in the center.
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour-spoon and leveled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter-room temperature
- 2 oz. (56g) block style cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg- room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- About ¾ cup (150g) colored sanding sugars (sugar crystals, sugar sprinkles)
- 34–36 Hershey kisses- unwrapped
- Whisk dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, and salt together until combined, then set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese together on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and beat until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. The dough will be thick. Cover dough and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour sanding sugars in small bowls.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon of dough into balls, then roll each ball in the sanding sugar to coat. Arrange them onto the baking sheet leaving 2 inches space apart. Using the back of a measuring cup or a glass, gently press down on each dough ball to slightly flatten. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 3-4 minutes. Press a chocolate candy into each cookie. Transfer on a rack to cool completely.
These cookies look soo beautiful and delicious, a great recipe for a quick evening snack. I will surely try it.
Where do you buy your sanding sugars? Those are great colors.
Can these be frozen?
LOOKS WONDERFUL..PRINTED IT OFF FOR FRIENDS… WILL MAKE FOR FOOD PANTRY FOR EASTER.. THANK YU FOR SHARING
I love the thought of these! I can’t wait to try!
The recipe calls for 2 oz of cream cheese, but the picture looks like so much more. Am I not reading it correctly? They look amazing. It is something that the kids an help for Easter.
There is the butter and cream cheese in the same bowl.
I can’t go to the store for cream cheese right now, can I just use additional butter?
Hi Denese, you can do that.
Can you make your own dancing sugsr????Harrietm
Can you make your own dancing sugars??
Hello, I have made these cookies before and they are great but some of cookies crack when I place the Hershey’s kiss in. Could it be the cookies are not cooled enough or I pressed too hard.