Baileys Chocolate Lasagna is easy, no bake dessert recipe perfect for Christmas or New Year’s Eve to feed the crowd. This layered dessert is really decadent, boozy and melt-in-your-mouth good! If you want another boozy festive dessert, check this Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake, too!
Baileys Chocolate Lasagna – No Bake Layered Dessert
No bake layered desserts, known as lasagna or lush, are perfect for holidays. You may have already tried my Hot Chocolate Lasagna or Christmas Lasagna. They are so simple and easy to make. You can make them ahead and take to a party to feed a crowd.
Baileys Chocolate Lasagna is completely no-bake, starting with Oreo crust, over chocolate pudding spiked with Irish cream liqueur, all the way up to Baileys cheesecake layer and whipped cream topping.
I create this boozy lasagna dessert, especially for the holidays. Christmas and New Year’s Eve are the perfect time to make a boozy dessert. To make this dessert festive looking, I added crushed candies and mini candy canes for decoration. Boozy, chocolatey and minty, this Baileys Chocolate Lasagna will be a hit at holiday gatherings.
But if you would like to stick to just the chocolate and baileys combo and skip the mint flavor use chocolate shavings for decoration instead of peppermint candies.
If you miss out this recipe for upcoming holidays, Christmas and New Year, make sure you add it to the St. Patrick’s menu.
Boozy desserts with Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur area perfect for holidays. But if you need a non-alcoholic, kid-friendly, and family dessert, you could try replacing the Baileys Irish Cream coffee creamer that is non-alcoholic.
Baileys Chocolate Lasagna
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Baileys Chocolate Lasagna is easy, no bake dessert recipe perfect for Christmas or New Year’s Eve to feed the crowd. This layered dessert is really decadent, boozy and met-in-your-mouth good!
For Oreo Crust:
- 36 Oreo cookies-ground
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 3 ½ cups heavy cream-chilled
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 2 x 3.9 oz. chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 ¼ cup whipped cream
Baileys Cheesecake Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese (brick style)-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- ¼ cup (1–0.7 oz envelop) instant white-hot cocoa mix
- 1 Tablespoon of instant hot cocoa mix-milk chocolate flavor
- 1 ½ cup whipped cream
- 4 cups whipped cream-divided
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- 12 mini candy canes
- To make the crust place whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor and ground in fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 inches casserole dish. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm while making next layer.
- Beat heavy whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form, then add powdered sugar and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- For pudding layer in a bowl whisk instant chocolate pudding mix, milk and Baileys until it starts thickening. Mix in 1 ¼ cup whipped cream and spread over Oreo crust. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- To make Baileys Cheesecake Layer, beat softened butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Mix in whipped cream, Baileys and white chocolate and milk chocolate instant hot cocoa mix. Spread over pudding layer.
- Set in the fridge or freezer to firm.
- Spread 2 cups of whipped cream on top and place in the fridge for a few hours to set, or preferably overnight). Store leftovers of whipped cream for serving. (If you do not want to pipe the swirls when serving, then spread all of remaining whipped cream on top before chilling.)
- Before serving pipe swirls of whipped cream. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and stick a mini candy cane in each slice. Do not sprinkle crushed candies in advance, it will melt and won’t look pretty.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
What can you use besides Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur I don’t drink
Hi Carleen, you can try Bailey’s coffee creamer, alcohol-free
Wondering if I could substitute their new Red Velvet Baileys. It is so very good!
You can try it!
The whipped cream in the pudding and cheesecake layers, does this come from the homemade whipped cream or is it separate?
It is homemade whipped cream.
You could top with the new Bailey’s chocolate chips.
Very nice dessert, but after making it, looked nothing like the picture the chocolate layer and the Baileys layer were just a sloppy mess. Hadn’t set and was in fridge for nearly 24 hours. Would almost think it should have some sort of setting agent in the layers like gelatine Very disappointing.
I can’t find instant white-hot cocoa mix anywhere near me, any suggestion as to a substitutes?
Hi Neal, you can substitute with white chocolate instant pudding mix.
Recipe looks amazing. Who would have though of chocolate lasagna with Bailey’s. Sure to satisfy this Holiday Season. Happy New Year!
I am going to make this recipe for New Year’s Eve, although I have a question. With the topping, you mention whipped cream divided. Does this mean that you put the whipped cream all over the cake when it is done. Or does the whipped cream divided mean something else? Thank you in advance for answering my question!
Love from the Netherlands and a happy new year to all of you,
Hi Fabienne, you should put whipped cream all over the cake, but if you want to make the swirls of whipped cream for garnish, then spread just 2 cups of whipped cream over the cake and remaining 2 cups use to pipe the swirls. If you don’t want to pipe the swirls, then spread 4 cups of whipped cream to make a thicker layer of cream on top.
Happy New Year!
In the cheesecake ingredients vanilla is not listed but in the directions in step four it states to add in the vanilla … there’s no amount listed for this step as it’s not in the ingredients for that part of the recipe.
This looks relish. One question I have is regarding the ingredient amounts of whipped cream. In the ingredients of whipped cream you state the different measurements of 3 1/2 cups, 1 1/4 cups, 1 1/2 cups & 4 cups is this in liquid or measured after whipped.?
Hi Claudia, it is measured after whipped.
Since I didn’t what such a thick layer of topping and I had already mixed all that topping in the beginning. I just use some of it though out the recipe when it called for the whipped cream. Turn out pretty good. I love your dessert lasagna. I am going to try each one. Thank you
Quick question: Can you skip the cheesecake layer? Sounds amazing, but my mother in law isn’t a fan. Loves Baileys though.
Trying this recipe today. Could you use CoolWhip as a substitute for the whipped cream?
can the completed recipe be frozen in advance
Made this for a christmas dinner, hosted by friends, and it was a molten mess. As I was preparing it, I thought that the liquid portions were too much, to give it the consistency to stay together. I even froze it, but when serving it, it just all spread out like a pudding. Won’t be making this again.
One of the most poorest written recipes to follow! This coming from a seasoned cook! Recipes need to be specific. All levels of cooks are going to try this and if written with that in mind it truly is a simple recipe. The hot cocoa mix is JUST the powdered mix! (Do Not mix in the water)
Explain the the person will prepare whipped cream in advance for ALL layers.