I know, I know… After my Pumpkin Lasagna, I promised that we would slow down a little with the pumpkin recipes. But how can I be the only smart person and make something else, when everything on the internet is full of beautiful pumpkin recipes. Anyway, you must admit that I made a little chocolate break with Spider Cookies and Cookie Dough Brownies.
You can probably imagine why I’m giving you this little introduction. Another round of Pumpkin Puree is finished and is waiting for a recipe to be used in. Well, I didn’t want for it to wait too long, and here is the real dessert for it – Pumpkin Swirled Cheesecakes.
I found this beautiful dessert a long time ago on the internet and the beautiful color of pumpkin swirl over a snow white cheesecake was something that was rooted into my memory. But, trying to find this recipe again, I saw that the blog I found it on no longer existed. But no matter, the idea is there and I will try my version and we will see what comes out of it.
And so, very quickly, my Pumpkin Swirled Cheesecakes began slowly baking: made of two sweet layers. The „under“ layer from Graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon, and the „upper“ layer, a little thicker, made of creme cheese, sugar, flour, eggs, and of course, pumpkin puree. And as i mentioned, over these tasty cups, on the top, a beautiful layer of pumpkin swirl was sparkling.
Of course, I never doubted that the taste will be the same as the look – simply delightful. Pumpkin and cheesecake are definitely a winning combination. If you are thinking of an autumn dessert, this really great solution. Enjoy!!!
- [b]For the crust:[/b]
- 7 graham cracker sheets –crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 5 Tablespoon unsalted butter- melted
- [b]For the cheesecake:[/b]
- 16 oz. cream cheese- softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg white
- [b]For the pumpkin swirl:[/b]
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line standard muffin pan with cupcake liners (if you are using paper liner I suggest you to double them).
- Crushed the graham cracker sheets into fine crumbs, stir in the cinnamon and sugar, then add melted butter and mix with the fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Place graham cracker crumb mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner (about 1 heaping Tablespoon in each cup) and press down the crumbs, set aside.
- To make the cheesecake filling in the bowl mix softened cream cheese until it’s smooth, then mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined. Add egg whites one at the time, but turn the mixer on low speed (DO NOT OVER BEAT IT), until completely incorporated.
- To make the pumpkin swirl: in a medium bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, allspice and flour, then add 2/3 cup of the cheesecake mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir with a spatula..
- Divide half the plain cheesecake batter evenly between the cups. Scoop about one tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture on top and cover with the remaining cheesecake batter (liners should be filled almost to the top)
- Using remaining pumpkin mixture make 3-4 dots on each of the cheesecakes and swirl with a toothpick .
- Bake for 30 minutes (rotating the pan half way through the baking time)
- Cool them completely and store in refrigerator.