Hot Chocolate Lasagna is delicious dessert, perfect for parties to feed the crowd and it’s completely no bake recipe!!! If you are looking for perfect Christmas dessert recipe, you should make this easy, no bake layered dessert with Oreo crust, hot chocolate cheesecake mousse layer, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and mini marshmallows. You could check my Christmas Lasagna, too.
Hot Chocolate Lasagna
Actually, this Hot Chocolate Lasagna dessert is upgraded version of my old recipe- Chocolate Lasagna!
Nowadays, Chocolate Lasagna became classic desserts. You are all familiar with that delicious layered no bake dessert with Oreo crust, cheesecake layer, chocolate pudding layer and whipped cream on top. It’s so simple to make, it’s a crowd pleaser dessert. Also, it’s perfect for picnic or potlucks, whenever you need to feed the crowd.
If you think that it can’t get any better, you’re wrong! This Hot Chocolate Lasagna has so much flavor in every single bite.
First layer is no bake Oreo crust. But, second layer is over the top! It’s hot chocolate cheesecake mousse and it is melt-in-your-mouth-good!!!
Third layer is instant chocolate pudding with mini marshmallows.
Top layer is whipped cream with a bunch of mini marshmallows and chocolate drizzle.
How to make Hot Chocolate Lasagna
Stir together crushed Oreo cookies with melted butter and press it in the bottom of 13 x 9 casserole dish, then place in the fridge to firm while making next layer.
To make Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer, beat softened butter and cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar. In another bowl beat heavy whipping cream and hot chocolate powder until stiff peaks form. Fold hot chocolate whipped cream in cheesecake mixture and spread over the crust, then set in the fridge or freezer to firm.
For pudding layer in a bowl whisk instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until it starts thickening. Stir in mini marshmallows and spread over hot chocolate mousse layer. When pudding layer has set, spread whipped cream on top and place in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight.
Before serving scatter 2 cups of mini marshmallows and drizzle with melted chocolate, Nutella or chocolate topping.
If you like this chocolate dessert you will also like these recipes:
Chocolate lasagna is light and easy, no-bake layered dessert with crushed Oreo, cream cheese and chocolate pudding, topped with Cool Whip and chocolate chips.
No Bake Strawberry Jello Lasagna is quick and easy dessert recipe for refreshing summer sweet treat and use only few ingredients.
White Chocolate Blueberry Lasagna is perfect summer dessert recipe- light, easy and no oven required!!!Print
Hot Chocolate Lasagna is delicious dessert, perfect for parties to feed the crowd and it’s completely no bake recipe!!!
For Oreo Crust:
- 36 Oreo cookies-ground
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (0.73 oz) envelops of instant hot cocoa mix (milk chocolate flavor)
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 2 (3.8 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream (or 2 ½ cups whipped cream)
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate topping or Nutella for serving
- To make the crust place whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor and ground in fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 inches casserole dish. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm while making next layer.
- To make Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer, beat softened butter and cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- In another bowl beat heavy whipping cream and instant milk chocolate powder until stiff peaks form. Fold half of hot chocolate whipped cream in cheesecake mixture, then fold in another half ( scrape well the bottom of the bowl to incorporate everything well). Then, spread over the crust and set in the fridge or freezer to firm.
- For pudding layer in a bowl whisk instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until it starts thickening. Stir in mini marshmallows and spread over hot chocolate mousse layer. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- When pudding layer has set, make whipped cream. Beat heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top of pudding layer and place in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight.
- Before serving scatter 2 cups of mini marshmallows over whipped cream.
- Serve drizzled with melted chocolate, Nutella or chocolate topping.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Hot Chocolate Lasagna is the best next day when it firms completely overnight in the fridge. You can make it 2-3 days ahead, but I suggest to make chocolate pudding layer without marshmallows, because marshmallows mixed in pudding became soggy after a few days in the fridge.