Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – fun and easy recipe for the perfect bite sized appetizer, or you can add some side dish and you’ll have a healthy dinner for your family.
That’s what I love the most about this recipe. It’s simple, easy and it’s easily adapt. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs could be served as delicious snack for a game day, they are crowd pleasing appetizer perfect for any party, or you can even serve it with rice and veggies as week night dinner for the whole family.
This recipe is actually a lighter, healthier twist on a game day classic- good fried buffalo wing, but it is still the same finger-licking good, at least for me. It packs all the hot and spicy flavor enough to get you yummy buffalo fix just without all that calories. That makes Buffalo Chicken Meatballs even better than the original.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs will give you all the things you love about Buffalo chicken with only 15 minutes of prep time. All you need to do is to combine a few simple ingredients with ground chicken, rolls it in meatball form, place it in slow-cooker, toss with buffalo sauce and after two hours they are ready to serve. Another good thing about this recipe is that you can make it in advance and kept it warm until the party starts.
Take the 15 minutes of your time, throw these quick, healthy, and SO delicious Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in your slow-cooker and wait for the magic. You can place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet first and bake for 4-5 minutes on 400 F or until all sides are browned, to make them even tastier and to make sure the meatball will keep they round shape while cooking, but if you are in the hurry you can skip this step, they are great anyway.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 green onions-thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl stir together breadcrumbs, garlic and onion powder.
- Add ground chicken, egg and green onions, season with salt and pepper to taste and stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into about 1 ¼ inch meatballs (you’ll get about 24 meatballs)
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake until all sides are browned (it take about 4-5 minutes).
- Place meatballs into a slow cooker and add buffalo, gently toss to combine, cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.