If you’ve seen my recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, you must’ve noticed how attractive the combination of chocolate and cheesecake tends to be in my house! For instance, this Reese’s Cheesecake is one my favorites. Sometimes I get the feeling that all other sweet stuff I’ve prepared in my entire life were nothing but a waste of time! It is enough to mix up these two delicious goodies – cheesecake and chocolate and my chocoholics will get a perfect dessert. But, I’m no quitter! I don’t give up so easily when there are so many adorable chocolate desserts that are worth trying!
Yesterday, I just had to give up! Under the strong pressure of a chocolate cheesecake lobby consisting of my husband and grandfather this yummy combination found its way to materialize in my kitchen again. This time it took shape of a brownies cheesecake topped with chocolate ganache. If you are thinking “This must be some kind of a popular recipe taken from the Internet”, I must disappoint you! It’s pure improvisation! I choose to go with all familiar stuff, hoping that everything would turn out just fine. That’s how the bases for the cake took the form of a thin brownie’s crust, the middle – a thick layer of cheesecake and the top became delicious chocolate ganache topping. Yummy !!!
And here’s the picture of how everything look liked at the end! I don’t have to tell you how it looked like only 10 minutes later, you can imagine yourself. Let me just tell you that when chocolate and cheesecake are involved, the plates and a cake pan always look as if they’d been swept by typhoons.
Brownie bottomed cheesecake topped with generous layer of silky chocolate ganache
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lbs cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
- Grease the 9×9 inch pan and line it with the baking paper
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt
- In the other bowl beat well butter and sugar until it’s fluffy, add vanilla and mix.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add the mixture of flour, cocoa and salt, stir it well.
- Add baking soda and mix.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake about 10 minutes
- Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix.
- The eggs add one at a time, until combined but use low speed and do not over mix it.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and spread the cheesecake filling over the brownie batter.
- Notes: the brownies will be still quite liquid at the surface, therefore cheesecake filling will sink a little and mix a bit with the brownies and become chocolaty
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- While it’s cooling prepare the chocolate ganache
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the whipped cream until become silky
- Use the edges of the baking paper to lift brownie cheesecake from the pan and transfer on the plate
- Spoon the chocolate ganache over the cake and let it cool
- Cut into squares and serve.