Brownie bottomed cheesecake topped with generous layer of silky chocolate ganache
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lbs cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
- Grease the 9×9 inch pan and line it with the baking paper
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt
- In the other bowl beat well butter and sugar until it’s fluffy, add vanilla and mix.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add the mixture of flour, cocoa and salt, stir it well.
- Add baking soda and mix.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake about 10 minutes
- Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix.
- The eggs add one at a time, until combined but use low speed and do not over mix it.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and spread the cheesecake filling over the brownie batter.
- Notes: the brownies will be still quite liquid at the surface, therefore cheesecake filling will sink a little and mix a bit with the brownies and become chocolaty
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- While it’s cooling prepare the chocolate ganache
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the whipped cream until become silky
- Use the edges of the baking paper to lift brownie cheesecake from the pan and transfer on the plate
- Spoon the chocolate ganache over the cake and let it cool
- Cut into squares and serve.