Berry, berry, berry, whatever you look at on my blog these days, you will see a recipe with some berry fruit. Surely, some of you will ask the question: what kind of chocolate blog is this anyway? First blueberry muffins, then fruit salad, and then just a few days ago, Strawberry Chimichange !
What can you do? Even if chocolate is always my first choice, these days I just can’t resist markets full of fresh, juicy strawberries, blueberries and things like that. I bet you are thinking the same thing!
Now that I have made such a good introduction, and since I now have an excuse for not posting a chocolate recipe (loving me some Reese’s Cheesecake!), you are probably thinking that today I will have another berry dessert for you. Of course, you are right! On my table today is „ No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake “. Ooops, pardon! On my table today is just one half of this dessert since the other half was already gone in the tryout 🙂
And if you are a fan of strawberries and cheesecake, this tasty cake could be a really good choice for these warm days. Only a few simple ingredients (strawberries, cheese, sweet sour cream…) and you will have a beautiful cream for which you will not need a lot of time. (it is no bake dessert). At the same time, this strawberry cheesecake is very light dessert and very refreshing because it is served cold. And to make everything even sweeter, the beautiful Oreo crust will give a nice contrast to the sweet strawberry cream in color as in taste.
And that is it, for simple treats like this you don’t need to spend many words. It is best that you begin work immediately and in a very short time, you will have in front of you a real treat in the shape of „No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake “. Enjoy!!!
- 2 cups finely crushed Oreo
- 5 Tablesoon butter-melted
- 2 Tablesoon sprinkles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 8-oz cream cheese-room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz fresh strawberries- chopped
- 5 teaspoon gelatin dissolved in 3 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- In a bowl combine with a fork Oreo crumbs, melted butter and sprinkles.
- Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 8 inch springform pan and set in refrigerator while mixing the filling..
- In a bowl mix heavy whipping cream until the stiff peaks form , gradually adding ½ cup powdered sugar.
- In large bowl mix cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar until it’s fluffy, add vanilla and dissolved gelatin and mix on low speed until smooth and well combined.
- Add chopped strawberries and mix really gently
- Gently stir in whipped cream.
- Pour filling into the Oreo crust and smooth with the spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until firm.
- Once firm, remove cheesecake from springform pan and decorate with Cool Whip and sprinkles.
- Store in refrigerator until serving.