Apple Pie Crescent Muffins made with refrigerated crescent rolls, cream cheese, and apple pie filling is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert. While this recipe calls for apple pie filling, any flavor of pie filling will work well, too. You can check my Cherry Cheesecake Crescent Muffins.
Apple Pie Cheesecake Crescent Muffins
These muffins are a twist on my Cherry Cheesecake Muffins. That recipe was so delicious so I couldn’t resist trying with a different flavor of filling. Fall baking season is just around the corner, therefore I wanted to try the apple pie version.
When it comes to fall baking a warm aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves with sweet apples is always my first choice.
However, I have shared a few recipes with apples lately. Actually, these are all combo of cheesecake and apple pie filling. If you like this combo as much as I do, check these Apple Pie Cheesecake Cookies and Apple Pie Cheesecake, too.
How To Make Apple Pie Crescent Muffins
This recipe is really quick and easy. It uses refrigerated crescent rolls. You can use the crescent roll dough seamless sheets. It makes this just a bit easier to put together since you won’t have to seal the perforation. Just cut 8 squares and add the filling.
If you use crescent rolls, separate the dough into 4 rectangles, seal the perforation and cut each rectangle in half.
To make the cheesecake filling just mix softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Drop a heaping Tablespoon of filling in the center, then add about 1 Tablespoon of chopped apples.
Pick up the corner of the dough and pinch them together. Seal all sides and roll it gently between your palms to make the ball.
Brush generously with melted butter, roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place in a pan. After half an hour your muffins are ready for serving.
Check for more similar recipes:
Apple Pecan French Toast Cups are all of the goodness of French toast, cut in small pieces and packed in small cups filled with sweet apple pie filling and irresistible, crunchy pecan topping.
Cherry Cheesecake Crescent Muffins is quick and easy breakfast, snack, and very satisfying dessert. Made with refrigerated crescent rolls, cherry pie filling, and cream cheese in less than half an hour, these muffins are amazing.Print
Apple Pie Crescent Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast/dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Apple Pie Crescent Muffins made with refrigerated crescent rolls, cream cheese, and apple pie filling is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 8 oz. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped apples from apple pie filling
- 2 ½ Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease standard muffin pan with baking spray, set aside. This recipe makes 8 muffins.
- In a shallow dish stir ¼ cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, set aside.
- To make the cream cheese filling in a bowl stir together cream cheese, 2 Tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla.
- Then, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into 4 rectangles. Seal the perforation between the triangles and cut each rectangle in half to make 8 squares.
- Place a square of dough on your palm, gently stretch the dough, drop one heaping tablespoon of cream cheese filling in the center, then add 1 tablespoon of chopped apples. Pick up the corner of the dough and pinch them together. Seal all sides and roll it gently between your palms to make the ball.
- Brush generously with melted butter, roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place in a pan (seal side down). Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the tops get nice golden-brown color. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
Can you make with alternate fillings? Chocolate, cinnamon, strawberries, etc.