White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes are moist and dense vanilla cupcakes with strawberry filling, topped with a layer of melted white chocolate and strawberry-white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
For the past few days as I browsed the Internet hoping to find the inspiration for my new culinary adventures, I came across many recipes for pumpkin and apple treats. I know, the autumn has arrived and that Halloween is approaching; nevertheless I decided to take a step back and recall the summer days by posting a recipe for a light and refreshing dessert.
Hmmm, but what kind of a dessert would it be? Of course, what would said summer more than the refreshing strawberry flavor! Enough with chocolate desserts that my household members fancy. It’s time to satisfy my own cravings! I’ll start with vanilla and it is going to be a true summer dessert made in the midst of grim autumn.
I didn’t waste time; I got down to business right away! However, having heard that something is cooking in the kitchen my dear husband immediately sneaked into the room to see what was going on! “How about vanilla strawberry cupcakes?”, I asked. “Strawberries in the midst of autumn?! Hmm, don’t ask me, you are the cook!”- he said and gone!
Just when I had it all figured out, someone had to ruin my plans! Nevertheless I decided to indulge everyone’s whims and make a compromise. I would modify my plans and add chocolate to cupcakes. But the problem was that the chocolate could be overpowering so I wondered what to do. Then it dawned on me, I would use white chocolate instead. Everybody loves white chocolate and it would nicely balance off the strawberry flavor.
However, soon a new problem shown up! I realized that there weren’t enough strawberries in the freezer. Merely a handful! Hmmm, could I use the home-made jam I made in the summer? That can’t possible spoil my dessert. It could only make it better. It made it better indeed! Soon I took my strawberry cupcakes out of the oven and they were even better than I’d hoped, especially given the fact that I made the recipe up, instead of relying on an existing one.
The cupcakes were a bit dense, but perfectly moist and flavorful, filled with strawberry jam and topped first with a layer of melted white chocolate and then with a generous swirl of white chocolate strawberry cream cheese frosting. To make them perfect, I topped them with the mixture of strawberry jam and sauce and decorated them with white chocolate shavings.
They were absolutely delicious and what was even more important all my beloved chocoholics enjoyed the taste of these sweet cupcakes (though some because there was chocolate involved and the others because of strawberries). Somehow, I managed to satisfy everyone’s taste.
And who will decide what dessert we will be preparing next week remains yet to be seen!
Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry filling, topped with a layer of melted white chocolate and strawberry-white chocolate cream cheese frosting
For Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons corn-strach
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 6 oz white chocolate
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz. white chocolate- melted
- 1 cup (or more) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3 tablespoon strawberry sauce
- 2 tablespoon strawberry jam
- white chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line your cupcake pans with your liners.
- In a large bowl mixed together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, corn-strach, baking powder)
- In lightly beaten eggs add wet ingredients (oil, milk, vanilla extract) and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until it’s evenly combine.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean (it takes about 15- 20 minutes)
- Let the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Whit the sharp knife cut the cone and fill the cupcakes with strawberry jam(1-2 teaspoon of strawberry jam per cupcakes) cut the tops and place them back onto filled cupcakes.
- Melt white chocolate and spread with the spoon over the cupcakes.
- To make the frosting, melt white chocolate over a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue mixing on high speed until stiff peaks form, mix in strawberry jam and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy then add it to heavy cream, mix until smooth, then gradually add cooled melted white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and store in the fridge.
- Before serving drizzle cupcakes with the mixture of strawberry sauce and jam and garnish with white chocolate shavings.