This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe with sausage, bacon and eggs is an easy, make ahead breakfast, brunch or weeknight dinner for the whole family. These tater tots will take you just one hour to prepare, and they’re sure to be a big hit with the kids!
- 1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage (I used spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 2 Tablespoons onion-very finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (more or less- to taste)
- salt to taste (1/8- ¼ teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups (10 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese- divided
- about 2 lb. frozen tater tots
- 4 slices of bacon-cooked and crumbled
- 2–3 green onion-thinly sliced
- In a skillet greased with olive oil, place the sausage and onion. Break the sausage up with a wooden spoon and cook over medium heat until browned and cook through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray 13 x 9-inch casserole with cooking spray.
- Layer cooked sausage into baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk 3 eggs, milk, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper and pour the mixture over cheese and sausage.
- Layer frozen tater tots on top. At this point you can cover casserole with aluminum foil and place in the fridge over night or bake immediately.
- Bake uncovered about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with crumbled cooked bacon and remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake additional 5-8 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and sprinkle with sliced green onion before serving.