Peaches and Cream Pie is delicious, refreshing summertime dessert. This easy recipe calls for canned peaches, so you can enjoy it any time of year. It’s melt-in-your-mouth peaches and cream dessert and if you serve it warm it’s very similar to a Peach Cobbler, only better, having cream cheese filling and caramelized cinnamon sugar topping!
Peaches and Cream Pie
This Peaches and Cream Pie is not really a pie in the true sense, but still irresistible and very tasty. If you are more of a classic pie with real pie crust, then try my Caramel Crumble Peach Pie or Crumble Mini Peach Pie.
Peaches and Cream Pie is really delicious. It’s so creamy, gooey and full of flavors. Cream cheese filling and caramelized cinnamon sugar baked on top, make this pie so special. As I said, when you served it warm it taste very similar to classic peach cobbler. I adore Peach Cobbler, but this Peaches and Cream Pie is over the top!
How to Make Peaches and Cream Pie
Peaches and Cream Pie Recipe is so simple. To make the batter combine dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt and sugar. Then add butter, egg, milk and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture in prepared deep pie dish and arrange canned peaches on top.
Next, make cheesecake filling. Mix together softened cream cheese, sugar and peach syrup. Spread the filling over the peaches, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 35 minutes.
You can enjoy this pie warm, especially if you like ooey gooey, cobbler-like desserts. Moreover, you can scoop vanilla ice cream on top. It’s soooo gooood!!!
But, this Peaches and Cream Pie can be served chilled, too. maybe with some whipped cream on top. It’s totally up to your taste.
The best part about this simple and easy recipe is that it calls for canned peaches. That means you can enjoy it all year round, not just during the season of fresh peaches. Also, it means less work, since you don’t have to peel and sliced peaches, just open the can and drain them from the syrup and place in the pie dish. But don’t forget to reserve some of the syrup for the cheesecake filling.
If you need quick and easy recipe for refreshing summer treat, definitely you should try this Peaches and Cream Pie Recipe. This pie will be a huge hit at any party or potluck, wherever you take it and serve.
Craving for more peach desserts?! Check these delicious recipes:
There are three reasons why this fantastic Peach Cobbler can become one of your favorite recipes – it’s super tasty, super simple and super economic. You don’t believe me? Try it and tell me if I was right!
This Crescent Roll Peach Dumplings recipe is one of the best Southern food dessert recipes.
Caramel Crumble Peach Pie – homemade buttery crust packed with sweet juicy peaches and salted caramel sauce, topped with brown sugar cinnamon crumbs. Super easy, crowd-pleaser summer dessert.
Pin Peaches and Cream Pie image for later:
Peaches and Cream Pie is delicious, refreshing summertime dessert.
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 29 oz. can of peaches (drain peaches and reserve 3 Tbsp. syrup for cream cheese filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. peach syrup (from canned peaches)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving-optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, spray 10 inches deep pie dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, corn starch, salt and ½ cup sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, softened butter and milk and mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in prepared pie dish. Arrange sliced peaches on top. The mixture is thin, and the peaches will sink, but that’s OK.
- Beat softened cream cheese for a minute, then add 1/3 cup sugar and mix until smooth and creamy. Mix in reserved syrup. Spread the mixture over the peaches within 1 inch of pan edge.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for about 35 minutes.
- You can serve it lukewarm at room temperature if you like it to be gooey like cobbler, or chilled from a fridge, it’s up to your taste.
- Top with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream if desired
Recipe adapter from All Recipes