Tired of having to go out and buy donuts for breakfast? Try these homemade Lemon Glazed Chocolate Donuts! These bite-sized treats are so addicting, and you won’t even believe how easy they are to make! Everybody needs a good chocolate donut once in a while.
Ingredients for the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup yogurt
Ingredients for the lemon glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more)
- Preheat the oven at 325 F and grease donut pan
- Mix dry ingredients for the donuts in a bowl.
- Add beaten egg and yogurt and mix until well blended.
- Fill each donut cup 3/4 full
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes ( until the toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean)
- Remove the donuts from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes, remove from the pan.
- To make the glaze in a small bowl whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice. (Lemon juice add a little at a time to reach desired consistency)
- Dip cooled donuts in the glaze and place back on the cooling rack or on the wax paper until the glaze is dry