Cups,cups,cups! It’s time for one of my most favorites desserts! In some ways, I was not thinking on one special recipe, but more on the shape of the desert which is, as you can imagine, sweet little cups.
Maybe I never told you about my first blogging experience, which is directly connected to this sweet treat. More than a few years ago, I was so mad about cupcakes, that I drove my family crazy because of them.
“Vera, don’t you think that you are a little out of line with those cupcakes” was a sentence you could often hear from my husband who was already longing for some other treat. In those days, I was not a Pinterest addict so I looked for a recipe in many different places including scrapbooks, bookmark links and all of that. And then, my husband, who is, by the way, a web designer, made me a sweet little blog “Cupcakes Garden” on which I wrote reviews of recipes which I found on other places on the internet. The blog began to grow and that beautiful experience made me start this blog which you are reading right now whit all my kitchen experiences .
And today, on the table was a real little kitchen experiment – Honey Walnuts Cups. For this recipe, believe it or not, I did not search the internet at all. Simply, I thought of cups, looked at what I have in the kitchen and that is it: pure improvisation! And since at that moment, I had honey in the kitchen, honey called its friends, nuts and the idea was there 🙂
And so, after some time, a beautiful mix of honey and nuts was poured into cups, and it was calling “bite me”. Of course, we couldn’t resist the call for too long so the number of sweet little Honey Walnuts Cups was quickly halved.
The only thing you have to look for in this case is: don’t overdo it. Honey, nuts and dough, really a lot of calories. Enjoy !!!
Crispy cups overloaded with yummy,toasted walnut and honey filling.
For the Cups:
- 1 cup unsalted butter- softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups walnuts- chopped
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter-melted
To make the cups:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, add the flour and salt and continue beating until dough well combined.
- In each mini muffin cup press a few tablespoon of the dough and shape in a cup.
To make the filling:
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, add chopped walnuts and toast until golden brown, stirring frequently (it takes about 10 minutes).
- In a large bowl stir together honey, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla until evenly combined, add toasted walnuts and stir well until well coated.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of filling into each cups to fill it about 3/4 full (do not overfill the cups because the filling will bubble when they are baking)
- Bake the cups for about 15 minutes (until the crusts become golden brown)
- Remove from the oven and let set for about 5 minutes, than scoop about a tablespoon of filling onto each cups.
- Let the cups cool in pan before take them out.