Honey Walnuts Cups are the perfect mixture of gooey and crunchy! Made with toasted walnuts and a delicious honey filling.
For the Cups:
- 1 cup unsalted butter- softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2–1/2 cups walnuts- chopped
- 1–1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter-melted
To make the cups:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, add the flour and salt and continue beating until dough well combined.
- In each mini muffin cup press a few tablespoon of the dough and shape in a cup.
To make the filling:
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, add chopped walnuts and toast until golden brown, stirring frequently (it takes about 10 minutes).
- In a large bowl stir together honey, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla until evenly combined, add toasted walnuts and stir well until well coated.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of filling into each cups to fill it about 3/4 full (do not overfill the cups because the filling will bubble when they are baking)
- Bake the cups for about 15 minutes (until the crusts become golden brown)
- Remove from the oven and let set for about 5 minutes, than scoop about a tablespoon of filling onto each cups.
- Let the cups cool in pan before take them out.