07.08.2013. | Category: Vera's Recipes
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache
The first time I made these delicious Oreo cheesecake cupcakes, I realized it was a bad, bad idea! The thing is that my husband, who by the way has a sweet tooth, went completely crazy about these cute cupcakes. I have to admit that even I’m not indifferent towards this heavenly treats. But to make it every ten days is no pleasure at all!
A few days ago, after no more than two weeks since the last time I made these cupcakes I heard the hackneyed phrase: “Vera, when are you planning on making those little, white cupcake goodies?” What was I supposed to do? Nevertheless, in order to avoid turning this activity into a run-of-the-mill job, I decided to spicy it up a bit. If you want to turn something already tasty into something even more delicious, chocolate and Oreo cookies are a perfect choice. So, before baking them, I placed one Oreo cookie at the bottom of each cupcake and added some crushed cookies to the cheesecake base, mixing everything together. Finally, I topped this fantastic delicacy with perfect chocolate ganache.
Can you imagine what the reaction to these little Oreo- cheesecake cupcakes was! “OMG, this is absolutely fantastic!” In a blink of an eye, a plate with 12 cupcakes was already empty.
So if you are in need of a quick and simple treat for your guests, who are about to arrive, or you just want to sweeten your day, remember- cheesecake and chocolate and Oreo are a perfect combination. But be prepared that you'll be asked to make them again in no time!
- 20 Oreo cookies ( 12 left whole for the bottom of cupcakes and 8 chopped for the filling)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 lbs cream cheese
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275 F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners and place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cup.
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s smooth.
- Add eggs whites one at a time and mix until combined but use medium speed and do not over mix it.
- Add pinch of salt and mix.
- Fold in coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
- Fill each cup over the Oreo cookie , almost to the top
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- To make chocolate ganache, melt the chocolate and stir in the heavy cream until combine evenly
- With a spoon spread the ganache over the cupcakes and let them cool completely
15 responses to “Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache”
Samantha - October 21, 2013 at 1:03 am
Are these supposed be kept refrigerated if I make them the day before?
Soooo good!!! And super easy to make!
Noon - December 21, 2013 at 9:31 am
I love it , thanks
Janet - April 4, 2014 at 5:26 am
I saw these on face book but no one had the recipe so I researched it and found yours, they are in oven now! Thanks!