Gingerbread Lasagna is easy, no-bake dessert perfect for Christmas or any day. This layered dessert combines ginger snaps crust, cheesecake layer, creamy and smooth gingerbread pudding layer with ginger and warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, topped with whipped cream and cute Christmas decoration. The countdown until Christmas has begun so if you are looking for more Christmas dessert recipes, check my easy, no-bake Hot Chocolate Lasagna or Baileys Chocolate Lasagna.
Flavorful and very easy to make, no-bake Gingerbread Lasagna is perfect for this festive season. It is an easy Christmas dessert that is sure to please everyone with a creamy, and smooth texture, and rich holiday flavors. When it comes to planning for the Christmas menu, no-bake desserts are always on the list because of how easy they are to make!
This festive dessert has all the flavors of classic gingerbread: molasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Ginger snaps cookies crust is followed by creamy cheesecake layer. Then comes the star of the show- gingerbread filling. Warm winter spices and molasses are all packed in a silky smooth filling.
However, if you like gingerbread and cheesecake, you will love this lasagna. It has all the flavors of gingerbread and the smooth and creamy texture of a cheesecake.
How to make Gingerbread Lasagna
For the crust, you can use a store brought, firm gingersnap cookie. When you ground them in a food processor, the crumbs resembled the texture of graham crackers, which allows you to add melted butter and make a crust. You can substitute them with regular graham crackers if you prefer.
The cheesecake layer is a simple mixture of cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla with whipped ream fold in the end.
The Gingerbread layer starts with instant pudding mix. I chose vanilla instant pudding and add the classic gingerbread spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger, then whisk it with milk. When it comes to gingerbread, molasses is a must, so I added it to the pudding. To create a light and smooth texture, I folded whipped cream in the pudding mixture.
The flavor combo makes this lasagna the perfect winter delight. But to create a festive, holiday presentation, garnish it with whipped cream swirls, red, white, and green sprinkles, and a cute gingerbread decoration.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Gingerbread Lasagna is easy, no-bake delight perfect for Christmas or any day.
- 2 ½ cups firm ginger snaps cookies (or graham crackers)-ground
- 9 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese-room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups Cool Whip
- 2 x 3.4 oz. packages vanilla instant pudding
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ¾ teaspoon ginger (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cloves (or more to taste)
- 2 ½ cups Cool Whip
- 4 cups Cool Whip-divided
- red, white, and green sprinkles
- gingerbread decoration
- To make the crust, ground ginger snaps cookies or graham crackers in the fine crumb. Next, stir in melted butter with a fork until all crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inches glass dish and place it in the fridge.
- To make the cheesecake layer, mix softened butter, vanilla powdered sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over the crust.
- For gingerbread layer, whisk pudding mix with spices, add milk and whisk to combine. Add molasses and mix well. Finally, add cool whip and mix until all combined. Taste the mixture and add more spices if desired to your taste. Spread the mixture over the cheesecake layer. Top with 2 cups Cool Whip.
- Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with swirls of Cool Whip, sprinkles, and gingerbread decorations.
- Store in the fridge.
Could the molasses be omitted? Not really a fan of it.