My dear blogger friends, today is your lucky day! Today, you won’t have to listen to my endless stories about food, my family and a bunch of unimportant stuff that I usually share with you when I’m in a good mood. What is there to talk about when it is 33 degrees outside and you are not at the beach, or at a swimming pool or in some shade? But if we would have to talk about food, then the only logical choice is only some refreshing salad.
And today’s choice was a really beautiful salad with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onions, pasta and mozzarella which i saw a short time ago in a food magazine under the name Garden Summer Salad. Really simple and refreshing, and at the same time, it will make you full. And if you by any chance, miss any of the ingredients, there are endless possibilities for improvisations and it is very hard to make a mistake whatever you choose.
That would be it from me, as I promised. Enjoy the Garden Summer Salad and next time, we will surely have a longer talk 🙂 Cheers!!!
- 1 large zucchini
- 12 cherry tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 red onion-thinly sliced
- 9 oz mozzarella (chopped into small cubes)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves- chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves-chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 5 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed through a garlic crusher or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- 10 oz pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Using a potato peeler slice the zucchini into tiny strips.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and zest, chopped parsley and mint, salt and papper, cayenne pepper and crushed garlic.
- In a large bowl combine cooked and slightly cooled pasta, sliced zucchini, chopped tomatoes and mozzarella, pour a mixture of oil and seasonings and stir genly.