If you are looking for a gorgeous Christmas cookie recipe, these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies will not leave you disappointed. Soft and gooey, and with beautiful red color, these cookies are a great choice for a cookie exchange, and also for a Valentine’s Day dessert recipe!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe
As I said a few days ago,when, while looking for a Christmas cookies recipe, I finished baking my favorite chocolate chip cookies for my husband, the search had to continue. This time, it didn’t take too long, since in a very short time, I solved my problem. Only one look at the beautiful Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies made it clear to me that the search was over.
And when I examined details of this beautiful red cookies, it was clear to me that I wasn’t the only one who was simply delighted with these fantastic cookies. This beautiful dessert I also found on my favorite food blogs Chef in Training and Recipe Girl, both blogger girls made them step by step by the recipe from the book “Red Velvet Lover’s Cookbook”.
Homemade and Festive Christmas Cookies
Since photos of this cookies are real things of art, I decided that this time, I won’t change anything and strictly go by the book, like my girl blogger colleagues. But still, I had one little idea in my head. The one change I would make is that my Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies will be a little thicker than the ones on the blogs I already mentioned.
And so, after 45 minutes, my first red Velvet Cookies were making the kitchen red fresh out of the oven. And just as I imagined, they were really a little thicker. And as soon as I saw them in all their redness I came to the idea that they are not perfect only for Christmas, but for Valentine’s day also!
This is, in every way, my sugesstion for this year’s cookie exchange, and all of you who decide to make these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies as your Valentine’s day dessert, you surely won’t make a mistake. Anyway, I wish you happy holidays! XOXOXOXO!!!
If you are looking for a gorgeous Christmas cookie recipe, these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies will not leave you disappointed. Soft and gooey, and with beautiful red color, these cookies are a great choice for a cookie exchange and also for a Valentine’s day dessert recipe.
- 4 Tablespoons butter(softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese(softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon red liquid food coloring
- 21/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder(unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, beat in the egg and food coloring.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon dough into balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the powdered sugar and place on the baking sheets (3 inches apart). Bake 10 to 12 minutes (until the edges of the cookies are set, but do not over baked or they will be too dry).
- Transfer the cookies to racks and cool completely
- You can store them in airtight container for up to 3 days.