Homemade baked donuts overloaded with gooey Nutella filling and crunchy cinnamon-sugar coating are mind blowing treat for all donut lovers. You can now eat two of your favorite things together: NUTELLA and DONUTS!
However, you might think, “OK… I could just spread Nutella on a regular baked donut. What’s so special about this one?” Sure, you could do that, and I’m sure it would be delicious, too. But, not the same!
These Nutella Filled Baked Donuts are super delicious! Nutella became super gooey, baked together with donut, and it’s just not the same when you spread it on top of donut, believe me! And it’s much less messy to eat this way. You can pack a few donuts in a lunch box and take them to work. It would be delicious snack.
The best part (beside Nutella filling, obviously) is that these donuts are baked, not fried. That means, much less work involved, but much less oil, too.
However, donut batter is quite standard: flour, sugar, egg, butter, milk…If you’ve ever made homemade baked donuts, then you’re familiar with these.
But, these Nutella Filled Baked Donuts are anything but ordinary. Warm and gooey Nutella filling takes them over the top. Crispy cinnamon-sugar coating on the outside and creamy filling on the inside…. YUMMMMMMMM!!! Completely mind blowing!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #omgchocolatedesserts so I can see recipes from OMG Chocolate Desserts you make.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go wipe some of this drool off my laptop keyboard.
Nutella Filled Baked Donuts Recipe:Print
Homemade baked donuts overloaded with gooey Nutella filling and crunchy cinnamon-sugar coating are mind blowing treat for all donut lovers.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted (½ Tbsp. to grease the pan and 3.5 Tbsp for the dough)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 7 Tablespoons milk
Filling and Topping:
- ¾ cup of Nutella (8 oz. or 220 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter-meted
- ¼ sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less-to taste)
- Line donut pan with plastic wrap. Transfer Nutella to a piping bag (or zip-lock bag and cut off the corner). Pipe Nutella in the center of each cavity to make the ring, then place in the freezer until completely firm. Remove Nutella rings from the pan, place on a plate and store back in the freezer until ready to assemble donuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Brush donut pan with melted butter, then set aside.
- In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl stir together remaining melted butter (3 ½ Tbsp.) and 2 ½ Tbsp. sugar. Add cinnamon, vanilla, egg and milk and whisk just to combine. Whisk in flour mixture.
- Transfer the mixture in piping bag (or zip-lock bag and cut off the corner). Fill donut pan with half of the batter. Take the Nutella rings from the freezer and place on top. Cover Nutella with remaining batter.
- Bake about 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Coll donuts for 5 minutes in the pan then invert on a rack.
- In a bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter.
- Brush each donut with melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.