Get into the holiday spirit with these festive Christmas Tree Krispie Treat ! XOXOXOXO
Decorating the X-mas tree was never as much fun as this! These sweet little Chritstmas trees are a quick and a very simple treat and you and your children will enjoy making it! Melted marshmallow, a little color, rice krispie cereals, chocolate decorations, candy and the Christmas trees are ready for the holidays!
I know, it’s not yet Thanksgiving and I have the Christmas trees ready. It surely looks a little crazy, but that is one of the advantages of the food blogger. If you are like a child jumping around waiting for Christmas to come, you have the perfect excuse to enjoy the Christmas magic even one month earlier. But still, I want to share the recipes with you, my dear and avid readers, just in time.
And of course, there is my little son, who has already for days been planning what Santa could bring him and he is very inpatient to get the Christmas tree and decorate it. Since it is really too early, these Christmas Tree Krispie Treat will be a really sweet comfort:)
Ok, enough, it’s time to be frank and stop hiding behind my son and the role of „food blogger“. I’m the one who is worse than a five year old child waiting for the festivities. As soon as the first decorations lit up the shops, I began buying them in secret and began planning the Christmas celebration this year.
These sweet little Christmas trees I have in mind since I saw those adorable Rice Crispie Pumpkins this autumn. That sweet mix of marshmallow and Rice Crispies is like play dough, perfect for making whatever you wish of it. With the help of the foam which comes in a waffle cone pack to protect the cones, the trees are easily shaped. After that, you melt the white chocolate and pipe it like a garland around each tree, and the rest you use as glue to hang the candy and pearls as decorations on the tree. And yes, there are the Mini Reese’s Cups which are glued as the trunk of the tree, and instead of the star, you put the peppermint candy on top. Your trees are now ready and you can wait in piece for Santa to come through your chimney and leave the present you wanted for years.
- 6 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- 12 Miniature Reese’s Cups
- 12 Peppermint Candy
- 3 oz white chocolate
- Edible pearls, sprinkles, candies for decoration
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the foam that comes in a waffle cone pack to protect the cones, it will make much easier to shape the trees.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat, then add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in green food coloring to make mixture dark green.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal (stir well until all cereal is well coated).
- Grease your hands and form mixture into cone shapes, place trees onto prepared pan and set aside for several hours to firm up well.
- Melt white chocolate and transfer to piping bag or zip-lock bag to pipe onto trees.
- Pipe melted white chocolate like a garland around each tree.
- Place edible pearls, star candies (you can use mini M&M candies, or whatever you have on hand) like ornaments onto the tree using a dots of chocolate as a glue.
- Pipe chocolate on top of tree to attach peppermint candy.
- Place a Reese’s upside down on pan and pipe chocolate on it and place tree on top.
- Allow to set before serving.