- 6 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- 12 Miniature Reese’s Cups
- 12 Peppermint Candy
- 3 oz white chocolate
- Edible pearls, sprinkles, candies for decoration
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the foam that comes in a waffle cone pack to protect the cones, it will make much easier to shape the trees.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat, then add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in green food coloring to make mixture dark green.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal (stir well until all cereal is well coated).
- Grease your hands and form mixture into cone shapes, place trees onto prepared pan and set aside for several hours to firm up well.
- Melt white chocolate and transfer to piping bag or zip-lock bag to pipe onto trees.
- Pipe melted white chocolate like a garland around each tree.
- Place edible pearls, star candies (you can use mini M&M candies, or whatever you have on hand) like ornaments onto the tree using a dots of chocolate as a glue.
- Pipe chocolate on top of tree to attach peppermint candy.
- Place a Reese’s upside down on pan and pipe chocolate on it and place tree on top.
- Allow to set before serving.