Easter Blossom Cookies are easy to make, super cute and festive Easter dessert. These are soft sugar cookies rolled in sugar sprinkles for a festive touch, with yummy chocolate candy in the center.
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour-spoon and leveled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter-room temperature
- 2 oz. (56g) block style cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg- room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- About ¾ cup (150g) colored sanding sugars (sugar crystals, sugar sprinkles)
- 34–36 Hershey kisses- unwrapped
- Whisk dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, and salt together until combined, then set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese together on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and beat until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. The dough will be thick. Cover dough and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour sanding sugars in small bowls.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon of dough into balls, then roll each ball in the sanding sugar to coat. Arrange them onto the baking sheet leaving 2 inches space apart. Using the back of a measuring cup or a glass, gently press down on each dough ball to slightly flatten. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 3-4 minutes. Press a chocolate candy into each cookie. Transfer on a rack to cool completely.