Christmas Lasagna is a whimsical layered dessert recipe! Made with buttery, red velvet shortbread cookie crust, a peppermint cheesecake layer, white chocolate pudding, whipped cream and mini marshmallows on top. I’m sure it will be a hit at your Christmas gathering, like this Christmas Cheesecake! Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Shortbread Cookie Layer:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter-softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Red food coloring
Peppermint Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 ½ cup Cool Whip-thawed
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 x 3.9 oz. box white chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Green food coloring
- 1 ½ cups cool whip
- For Garnish:
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Red and green sprinkles
- M & M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- In large bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add red food coloring and mix well ( I used 1 tablespoon food coloring to get intense red color). Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour mixture. Mix until combine.
- Press the mixture into bottom of baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- To make cream cheese layer beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add 1 ½ cup Cool Whip and peppermint extract and mix to combine. Spread over cooled shortbread layer. Place in the freezer to firm while preparing pudding.
- To make the green pudding layer whisk together 2 x 3.9 oz. boxes white chocolate instant pudding mix with 3 cups milk. Add green food coloring (add a few drops at a time, to desired color) and whisk until smooth. Spread over cream cheese layer. Set in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 ½ cup Cool whip over pudding layer and top with mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set.