Valentine’s Chocolate Covered Oreos look so fancy, but they couldn’t be any easier to make. Oreo cookies dipped in white or dark chocolate decorated with pretzel and candy hearts look and taste amazing. They will pack nicely into bags with a ribbon or treat boxes to give as gifts for Valentine’s Day.
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz. white chocolate candy melts
- 8 oz. dark chocolate candy melts
- a few teaspoons of coconut oil, if needed to thin the chocolate to reach desired consistency
- 24 pretzels
- 24 heart candies
- Line a tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In two separate bowls, melt white and dark chocolate candy melts according to package directions. The easiest way is to place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until melted, stirring occasionally. If the chocolate is too thick for dipping add a teaspoon of coconut oil at a time until reach desired consistency.
- Use a fork to dip each Oreo in the chocolate. Dip 12 Oreos in white chocolate and 12 in dark chocolate. Gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate from the Oreos. or it will make a “foot” at the bottom of the cookies. If it happens, simply draw a circle with a toothpick around the base.
- Place the Oreos on parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet press a pretzel on each cookie. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to firm.
- Transfer remaining chocolate in a zip-lock bags and cut off the corner. Fill the inside of the pretzels with chocolate and press the heart candy in the center. Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks.