Tuxedo Cake is a homemade, rich chocolate cake with double chocolate filling (both white and dark chocolate) and a swirled chocolate topping. This decadent triple layer chocolate cake recipe is so delicious, and can be made for any occasion!
For chocolate cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
For filling and frosting:
- 10 oz. finally chopped semisweet baking chocolate
- 6 oz. white chocolate-chopped
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 4 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 oz. white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour three 8 inch round baking pans.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add brewed coffee
- Divide batter into 3 prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pans, than remove from pans to wire racks and cool completely.
To make the filling and frosting:
- Melt semisweet chocolate and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Melt white chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Beat whipped cream and gradually add powder sugar while mixing.
- Add cream cheese and beat well until it’s evenly combine.
- Divide the mixture, in 1/3 add melted white chocolate and in 2/3 mixture add semisweet chocolate and cocoa and mix well.
- Fill the cake, on first two layer spread first white chocolate filing than with brown filling, frost with brown filling and cover with 4 oz chocolate melted with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, drizzle with 1 oz white chocolate melted with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and make a swirl with a toothpick.
- Set in a fridge to cool completely.