For the cookie dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- strawberry jam
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces cream cheese-room temperature
- 6 ounces crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
To make the cookie dough:
- In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball. The dough should be thick , but not too sticky.
- Divide the dough in two slightly flattened ball. Work with one ball at the time. Between two baking paper roll out the dough about 1/6 to 1/5 inch thick.
- Using a beveled cookie cutter, cut out circles and drape one circle over each bowl cavity of mini cupcake pan and gently press to form smooth surface. Set in the freezer for 5- 10 minutes while preheating the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (if the cookies stick a little to the pan rotate them gently while taking them off)
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack
- Place 1 teaspoon strawberry jam on every cookie bowl.
To make the filling:
- Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until medium-stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, crème fraiche , vanilla and confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until combined. Gently fold whipped cream into the cream-cheese mixture until combined.
- Spoon filling over strawberry jam to fill the cups to the top. Garnish with sprinkles on top or mix some sprinkles into the filling.
- Chill the cups until firm, about 30 minutes. Store in the fridge.