Cream Cheese Strawberry Cookies are delicious, soft and chewy cream cheese cookies with fresh strawberries and white chocolate chunks. A sweet strawberry cookie recipe is just what you need for the summer ahead!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter-softened
- 4 oz cream cheese-softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1–2 tablespoon flour
- 5 oz white chocolate-chopped
- sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line pans with parchment paper.
- Pour fresh lemon juice over chopped strawberries, drain them after a few minutes.
- Whisk together 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar and cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until it’s well combined.
- Stir in chopped white chocolate.
- Sprinkle strawberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour, toss them until all strawberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then stir them really gently in the batter.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of batter onto pan leaving an inch space between.
- Set the cookies in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes before baking.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar if you want, but do not overdo it because they are sweet enough.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes( until the edges become golden brown).
- Let them cool a few minutes in the pan than transfer them to a wire racks to cool completely.