This Southwest Crescent Casserole is a simple and easy meal for the whole family to enjoy. This cheesy beef casserole has beans, peppers, corn and salsa – it’s the perfect weeknight meal!
- 2 (8 oz.tube) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- 2 Tbsp. Taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen corn-thawed
- 1 (15 oz. can) red beans-rinse and drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place ground beef in a large skillet greased with 1 Tbsp. olive. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain the mixture.
- Stir in salsa and taco seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in bean and corn, set aside.
- In a bowl stir together sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and lightly grease 10 inch round dish.
- Open one 1 tube of crescent dinner rolls, separate them and arrange 8 triangles at the bottom and sides of baking dish, press and seal well to create the crust.
- Spread beef mixture and smooth the top.
- Using a spoon drop cheese mixture over the filling and spread into an even layer.
- Open another can of crescent dinner rolls and arrange the triangles on top, leaving some space between them. Seal the edges and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Tent the top with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too quickly.