Impossible Skinny Apple Pie Cupcakes are a healthy, easy apple dessert recipe for fall baking season. These cupcakes are great for a Halloween party and on the Thanksgiving dinner table, too. If you’re looking for a treat with low calories, you’ve found yourself a keeper!
- 2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 2/3 cup organic coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Vegetable whipped cream
- Chopped pecans-for garnish
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease generously standard cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk apple sauce and sugar until the sugar completely dissolve. Add egg and whisk just to combine.
- Add almond milk and vanilla and whisk just to combine.
- Fold in dry ingredients until evenly incorporated.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter in each cup. It should be more than ¾ full.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until the top has set and toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then run a thin knife around each cupcake and gently lift it and transfer on a rack or plate to cool completely. The cupcakes sink a little and get a small cavity in the center as they cool, but that’s OK.
- Before serving top them with whipped cream, chopped pecans and maple syrup if desired.
You can use all purpose flour instead whole wheat, light brown sugar instead of coconut sugar and evaporated milk in place of almond milk.