Peanut butter oatmeal bars with chocolate frosting and pieces of Reese’s cups on top, are sure to please.
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ – 2 ¾ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
For Chocolate Frosting:
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 7 oz. semisweet baking chocolate- chopped
- 5–6 Reese’s cups- coarsely chopped
- Line 8 x 8 inches pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk and salt. Whisking constantly bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute then remove the pan from a heat.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and whisk until evenly combine.
- Using a spatula or a spoon, fold in oats. Do not add all oats at once. You don’t won’t to make your mixture too dry. Add 2 cups, stir well, then add ¼ cup at the time if needed. The amount of oat depends on the brand you use. Keep in mind that the mixture will thicken and harden as it cools.
- Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate frosting, combine ¼ cup peanut butter and chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Or you could melt it in a small sauce pan over low heat on a stove top, stirring constantly.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the peanut butter bars, sprinkle with chopped Reese’s cups and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.