Combo of smooth cheesecake on top of red velvet crust packed in individual portion is great way to show your special someone how much you care.
Red Velvet Layer:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter-softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- 12 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½-2 cups whipped cream
- heart shaped sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- To make the red velvet layer, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together, then set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter on high speed, until creamy. On medium speed beat in the sugar until combined. Then, beat in egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix in food coloring.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix in on low speed. Add more food coloring if needed.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner (The mixture will be very sticky).
- Bake 6-7 minutes to pre-bake the crust (slightly prebaked crust will rise and sink in the center, and that’s OK).
- To make the cheesecake layer beat the cream cheese on medium-high until smooth, then add sour cream and sugar and mix until combined. Add the egg white and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined. Do not overbeat or the cheesecake will crack. Add 2-3 Tablespoon of cheesecake mixture on top of the red velvet, spreading it to completely covers.
- Bake for about 18-20 more minutes, until cheesecake topping is no longer jiggly when you shake the pan. Tent loosely with aluminum foil to make sure the tops of the cheesecake does brown.
- Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature, then refrigerate to set for 1-2 hours. Before serving top with heaping Tablespoon of whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles if desired.