Pumpkin Bread Cheesecake with Pecan Praline Topping is a fall baking masterpiece for those of you who want to go all out! This pumpkin cake with a cheesecake layer is the ultimate Thanksgiving dessert to share with your friends and family!
Pumpkin Bread Layer:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 oz. cream cheese- softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup evaporated milk (not sweetened)
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin powder
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
Pecan Praline Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup+1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease 9-inches springform pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper, spray the paper, then set aside.
- To make pumpkin bread cake layer mix together 2 eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Next, sift in dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix to combine, then spread the mixture in prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove the ring from the pan and invert the cake on a rack, peel of parchment paper and cool completely.
- When the cake is cooled, place it on serving plate and trim the top if it’s too domed. Then, place the ring from springform pan around the cake and lock.
- To make the cheesecake filling, dissolve gelatin in cold water, then heat over medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Beat softened cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth and creamy, slowly pour in evaporated milk and mix to combine. Finally, mix in melted gelatin. Pour the mixture over the pumpkin layer and place in the fridge for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- When the cheesecake layer has set, remove the ring from the springform pan and make the pecan praline topping.
- In medium saucepan melt the butter, brown sugar and heavy cream. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in pecans. Cool 5-10 minutes, stirring from time to time, and before it firm, spoon over the cooled cake.