This Pineapple Grilled Chicken Sandwich is a quick, easy and healthy lunch idea. Barbeque marinated chicken breasts, grilled pineapple, cheese and veggies make awesome sandwiches perfect for a picnic, party or potluck!
- 4 chicken breast fillets (about 1/2 inch thin)
- BBQ sauce
- 4 slice of cheese (of your choice)
- 4 pineapple slices
- 1 jalapeno- sliced
- 1 red onion-sliced
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- Olive oil to brush the grill
- Cover chicken breast fillets with BBQ sauce and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or overnight) to marinate them.
- Brush the grill with oil and heat until hot.
- Discard remaining BBQ sauce from the fillets and place them on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Grill the pineapple slices for 2 minutes per each side (or until soft and caramelized).
- Slice the rolls in half and lightly toast on the grill. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom part of warm roll. Top with chicken, pineapple, jalapenos and red onion slices. Place a piece of lettuce and top of the roll.