Pepperoni Pizza Pumpkins are quick and easy pizza bites loaded with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. These homemade pizza bites are great for your lunch box, dinner or snacks. And, if you make them in cute pumpkin shapes, they will be the perfect party food or appetizers for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza pie crust.
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce + more for serving
- 16 slices of pepperoni
- 8 mini mozzarella balls (or 8 cubes of mozzarella)
- 1 egg -slightly beaten with 2 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper ad set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough and using a 3 ½ or 4-inches cutter cut out 8 circles of dough.
- Place a small dollop of marinara sauce in the center of each circle, add 2 pepperoni slices and a cube or a ball of mozzarella.
- Bring the edges up and over, pressing them together and being sure to leave no gaps for the filling to leak out. Lay the pizza bombs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Wrap each dough ball in along piece of kitchen twine, around the ball to divide it into eight sections. The rolls are baked with the string attached and the dough rises around the string forming little pumpkin shapes.
- Brush each ball with egg wash and bake 15-20 minutes, or until it rises and get nice golden- brown color.
- Allow rolls to cool for a few minutes, then remove the twine. Serve warm with marinara sauce alongside.