This Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies are easy Christmas cookies that will make a festive addition to your holiday cookie plate. Pretty, minty and sweet, all at once, these easy Christmas cookies will be a holiday hit!
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks ( 1 cup) butter- softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- candy canes-crushed
- white chocolate candy melts
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and place the rack in middle position. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- First, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla or peppermint extract. Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoon of dough into balls and arrange onto baking sheets leaving 2 inches space apart
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges. Let stand a few minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer on wire racks to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cooled completely, line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare candy melts according to package directions. Dip half of each cookie into melted candy melts and drip off the excess. Transfer to parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with crushed candy canes.